Epicureans are also adventurers! It's up to you to choose the ideal place during the hike to enjoy the fondue prepared by yourself.
The route, especially designed for families with children, will take you from Rathvel to the top of Niremont. From there, you will have a breathtaking view on the Prealps. Along the path, you can also meet farm animals at the Cabane du Petit Oiseau.
2 hours walking time (without stops) | 6,5 km
- Buvette de Rathvel: Cold meat
- On the way: Cheese Fondue
- Cabane du Petit Oiseau: Meringue with double cream
From July to September, every day except Sundays and Mondays
Reservation is necessary at least 1 day before.
Before starting the hike, you will need to stop at the Tourist Office in Les Paccots between 10:00 and 10:30 to pick up the fondue kit as well as the cheese. You will have to take the liquid for making the fondue yourself, and we also suggest you to bring your own picnic blanket.
Then you will drive to the parking of Rathvel (5 km away from Les Paccots) to start the walk between 10:15 and 10:45.
The concept of Gourmet Trails
• Packages are purchased from the Tourist Office.
• Reservation is necessary 1 day before.
• Prices do not include drinks.
• The dishes are served in tasting portions.
• The choice of the table is not possible.
Accessible by public transport: no
Accessible by car: yes
Price per person
|Adult, drinks and liquid for the fondue not included||25.- CHF|
|Junior, drinks and liquid for the fondue not included||18.- CHF|
Route n°1 on the map "Great walks"